When I decided to start this blog (like 5 minutes ago) I asked myself “do I need to introduce myself to my audience?” And finally came to the conclusion that if you are reading this you probably already know me, or if you keep up with the blog you eventually will get to know me pretty well. (I’d like to pretend that I’m more complex than being able to know me based off a blog, or myspace/facebook/etc for that matter, but maybe I’m not). Then that got me thinking about the things that define me, i.e. how would I have introduced and defined myself? Again I want to pretend that I’m more complex than a set of words that can define me. (Sidenote: What is my obsession with being complex today?) So in a ode to reality and giving up on pretending I want to list some things that helped shape me to who I am. Note: this is not who I am but what has made me who I am.
- Growing up in Boulder, CO
- Getting an economics degree
- Having amazing family and friends
- Having divorced parents
- Saves The Day (more accurately music but Saves The Day changed my life in a profound way when I was younger, and led me to many other bands which led me to more bands and so on)
- Computers and the internet (yup me=1337 d0rk)
- My father’s work ethic
- My mother’s sense of logic
- Living in a world where anything is possible
After making this list I realized that each one of these could be a blog post so don’t be surprised if you find these things recurring in the future. Also, I realized making that list was harder than I had expected as I could have gone on for days. I will leave it at that and perhaps revisit it another day.